“I’ve never met a problem a proper cupcake couldn’t fix.” –Joss Stirling
These cupcakes are so fun to make, they taste delicious and they look just beautiful when they are served. They are tender and moist in the middle with a nice sugary toping of homemade icing.
- 1 ½ c. flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ c. butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 c. whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs, almond extract, and vanilla extract in with the creamed ingredients.
- Add a third of the flour mixture in and combine, add half of the milk mixture and combine, add another third of the flour mixture and combine, add the second half of the milk and combine, finally add the last third of the flour mix and combine.
- Spoon batter into cupcake tins and back for 15-20 minutes.
Frosting: I combine a stick of butter, two cups of powdered sugar and two teaspoons of almond extract together and mix until smooth.